Pros and Cons of Mobile Phones
While smartphones are incredibly useful and convenient, they can also be attributed to making people lazy, dumb and socially inept. As technology constantly improves itself and the world gets more connected with advanced mobile phone technology, it is time we analyze the pros and cons of mobile phones to know the good as well as the bad side of the change. It is a well-known fact that mobile phones have great influence on our everyday lives and help us in multiple aspects for better convenience, yet there are numerous disadvantages of these gadgets as well.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of mobile phones more objectively below –
1. Pros of Mobile Phones– Mobile Phones are easy to communicate with anyone across the world
Cons of mobile Phones – Mobile Phones make people socially inept and isolated from the outer, real world.
2. Pros Of Mobile Phone – Mobile Phones can be used to pay bills, shop for products and other payment procedures
Cons Of Mobile Phone – Mobile Phones are not secure always and your confidential information could be at a risk of phishing, spamming and online fraud.
3. Pros Of Mobile Phone – Mobile Phones provide seamless integration to external devices such as Television, Radio, Projector, Cameras and Entertainment Modules
Cons Of Mobile Phone – Mobile Phones can complicate simple stuff with their overused structure and can lead to technology-related anxiety and stress.
4. Pros Of Mobile Phone – Mobile Phones are portable, beautiful and stylish to own and use.
Cons Of Mobile Phone – Mobile Phones have led to unnecessary trends and social fads which in turn has put peer pressure on children and teenagers who want the next ‘latest’ gadget despite of their circumstances.
5. Pros Of Mobile Phone – Mobile Phones provide multiple avenues for gaming, entertainment, music and productivity to the users and literally opens up an entire world of media at their fingertips.
Cons Of Mobile Phone – Mobile Phones make people ‘addicted’ to technology and dependent on external factors for their own happiness, entertainment and creativity.
6. Pros Of Mobile Phone – Mobile Phones can be used for video calling with your friends, family or acquaintances and can be easily utilized to connect with anyone in a few minutes.
Cons Of Mobile Phone – Mobile Phones have resulted in more number of car and vehicle accidents over the years as people get diverted and deviated due to constant talking on the phone or using it while driving.
7. Pros Of Mobile Phone – Mobile Phones help parents stay connected with their children, even if they are not in the same town, city, state or country.
Cons Of Mobile Phone – Mobile Phones can also expose young children and teenagers towards crime, violence, pornography and illicit activities, interests or terminologies, thereby putting their behavior, character and thought process at risk.
8. Pros Of Mobile Phone – Mobile Phones can be used to learn new things, start a hobby, pursue a passion and even promote your talent and skills on a global platform.
Cons Of Mobile Phone – For people who are always connected to the internet and applications, mobile phones can a be huge resource to waste time and procrastinate. Unnecessary usage and interaction also leads to stunted emotional and psychological growth in children and early teenagers.
9. Pros Of Mobile Phone – With mobile phones, education has reached to millions of people from around the world and number of people are able to learn more and pursue their education through mobile technology.
Cons Of Mobile Phone – Mobile phones have also proved to be a huge distraction in the traditional medium of classroom learning and education. More teachers are complaining how students are always busy and distracted by their mobile phones and lack the focus and attention to learn better in a class.
10. Pros Of Mobile Phone – Mobile phones have significantly reduced the cost of communication. Years ago, an international phone call was a distant dream for most people but smartphones have now revolutionized communication and have made it almost free for all.
Cons Of Mobile Phone – Mobile Phones have led to health hazards due to constant exposure to harmful radio waves and transmissions coming from mobile towers. The towers of mobile phones have been proven to cause harmful diseases to humans as well as cause damage to nature and vegetation around them.
So, these were the pros and cons of mobile phones in the modern times we live in. Technology has greatly improved the human quality and convenience of life but everything comes at a price. While remaining connected to people is a good but irrelevant addiction to technology is also harmful to your mental, physical and emotional growth.